25 March 2009

Wednesday morning

Yesterday evening, we went to the school's international dinner. A good sized group of families all bringing something to eat, and eating it in the school gym. It was noisy with kids shouting out to eachother, lots of talking and lots of running around. There is no way we could have brought Julia to an event like this last year.

How many times do I write that?

Julia is very comfortable in school. She sat with us and ate. When her friend, Lilah, came in, Julia shouted to her and later visited her at her table. I was good to see this.

We have another meeting of our play group today. I still have directions and pictures to prepare. One of our kids asked her mother to bring in string for cats cradle today so she could share it with the group. This is a child who presents are rather shy and holds back at times. I am so happy that she want to do something for the group.

I have not been cuddling/holding with Julia for the last three days and I think I see a difference in her levels of aggression, cooperativeness, and noise level. More and louder. I have not been insisting on cuddling because we've been busy but also because Julia has been coming willingly to my lap and insisting on not cuddling. The difference is there. She wants to phyically cuddle but not engage in eye contact, stories (about abandonment), or putting her feelings into her closet. I was worried that we were moving too fast for her and needed to take out time, but right now, I think that I need to press on or lose the emotional growth that she is doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

slow.and.steady.progress.

I sit in awe and with admiration.

Love, Traci