09 March 2009

Wonder Pets

Ok, so I have to admit to feeling uncomfortable admitting that Julia is just loving this toy and show made for younger kids. Why should I feel this way when she is delayed, has trouble playing with kids, doesn't understand everything at an 8 year old level? I understand all of that and still . . . . the little pet stuff is relatively appropriate, but Wonder Pets?

So, today, home from school and OT, she is dressing up the little Wonder Pets and making up adventures for them. And not the adventures she has seen. She is not obsessing over the Wonder Pets, and she has just assigned an empty box to keep her Wonder Pet stuff in -- she only has the pets and a boat. I better stop feeling so prickly about it.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I understand your feelings, as my 14 year old loves the wonder pets and I would feel uncomfortable sharing that with some people (people who don't understand emotional delays). I haven't told her yet that it is a show for younger children. I'm using it to help her with her English acquisition. Although, it is a lot of singing and one of the characters talks like a baby...

Joy