27 April 2010

Finally, getting to organize life again. Cleaning the desk, writing email, calling for estate work, and seeing what bills need to be paid. I have to scour the estate files tomorrow for information the attorney asked for but I am pretty close to under control.

Julia is outside doing what she loves -- catching and watching bugs. She is with Stephanie, a therapist, and they are on the ground together. Julia looks incredibly calm and focused.

I feel ashamed for writing what I did yesterday. Still, I will leave it up. It was a me who was whining for an easy life. As if, Julia and everyone and everything around me should accommodate my desire for an easy social life. I don't really want easy; I want exciting and wonderful. And of course, I can't fail to note that if Julia was anything other than she is, I might not have wanted to give my time to her school and might not have gotten as involved as I have with PTO and the food group. And if all of that, then I might not have even met these women whose society I enjoy.

Julia girl is my great teacher.

Last night, when I was rather short with Julia, I told her to come to the couch and watch TV with us or I would turn off TV and let her play with her toys. She shot right back that she wanted to BOTH play with her toys and watch TV. Words that could have come right out of my mouth through out my childhood and adult life. I don't think I taught her that.

No comments: