22 April 2010

An intense time at Attachment therapy today -- mostly talking about the weekend and Julia's reactions since then. About what we can do to encourage conversation. Conversation. Toddler games. Pat-a-cake. Ring-a-round-the-rosie.

Than, our home therapy phycologist came to see Julia and talk about where we are going. Again, good intense talking, about regulation, transitions, conversation.

After that, I was exhausted. I need to build up my therapist muscles. I need to listen, talk, and plan without stress. Is that possible?

Tonight, David was putting Julia to bed. After they read stories and turned out the light, Julia said to David, "I am so happy." She paused and said it again, and paused again, and said it again. And then turned over and went to sleep.


2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Good to know that Julia was and is happy spending time with her Dad.

Do build up those therapist muscles!

Traci said...

Suzanne, Your girl is so happy!! That makes my heart sing, I can't imagine what it does to yours.