05 April 2010

Last day of spring break. Julia has stated that she is not going back to school; she does not want to learn. Not only is she against school, she tells me that dinosaurs do not go to school and since she is a dinosaur much of the time, she does not belong in school.

The discussion begins that school is her work and that we all have work and that we all have to do our work. David adds that it is good to love the work -- that love the process argument.

I am not sure how anyone learns to love the process. And I have no idea how Julia will learn to love, or even somewhat enjoy school.

Real life -- outside world concerns -- begin to churn and come to the forefront. I just want to be done with my mother's estate. Her "lovely" next door neighbors have delayed the oil clean up for months. I have no more patience with this process -- more process. I resent terribly that because of the delay we have an empty house that no one can use, that we cannot sell, that I have to pay bills on every month, and worry about all the time. And so, in a fit of needing to put an end to all of this, I called and left the message that I want them to call me and keep an appointment that our remediation firm has with them for the 13th. If they do not reply and keep the meeting, I will start a lawsuit to collect what we have put out for the house while they have stalled the progress on the remediation.

This is so not what I want to do, but the house has been empty since last June, the home owners insurance is up this July (and I don't think I am able to get it renewed with an empty house), and my patience is finished.

Oy.

No comments: