02 April 2010

the hair cut

The hair cut experience was good. Julia was a bit apprensive about the washing, but once she found out the stylist's name and smelled the shampoo, she relaxed. At first, I wondered whether we would get it half done and she would insist on putting the hair back on her head, but obviously this was truly an idea whose time had come. Julia marvelled at the amount of hair on the floor when the cut was over. And she loves the new cut.

I think we/I was growing Julia's hair out to let her have wonderful long hair after the shaves she had at the orphanage. And I think she is over equating long hair with her family life. There was absolutely no mention of short hair and China. I felt like we had taken some kind of leap when I wasn't looking.
Whether it is the meds which have caused Julia to lose some weight (although that seems to be evening out) or just growing up a bit, Julia's body is changing from a solid little swimmer body to the long body of a Ballanchine ballet dancer (not that we are anywhere near ready for ballet class). Her arms and legs are long, slender and strong. We have three weddings to go to this summer. I have to find this girl a pretty party dress!

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Do find her a pretty party dress.

It was great to read the story and see the pictures.

I too grew my hair long at a time when I was closer to family.

Unknown said...

Hi there!

I'm Li and I own an online store for girl's dresses. I sell Chinese dresses and American dresses that are affordable yet pretty :)
We are also having our PHOTO and REVIEW CONTEST which you can join if you wish. I would be honored to see Julia on one of our dresses.

Thank you so much for your time.