25 June 2008

Camp Report

Three days into camp and Julia still loves it. We walk to her school each day in the morning, get the bus, Julia is first on the bus in the morning, and she waves to me after kisses and hugs. She gets dropped off about 4:30 in the afternoon, and we walk home. This walking to and from school is something that I didn't dare do during the school year. We walked home at times, but I didn't trust Julia's behavior to do it in the morning.

Julia comes home from camp dirty! Her perfect pink backpack looks like it was dragged in dirt. She definitely needs a bath every night. She only tells us little bits and pieces (and I miss getting the parent/teacher notebook that we had all year at school) -- arts and crafts (she made me a big heart with "fou mom" on it. I think she meant "for." She is supposed to be swimming every day and her suit has been wet. I think she has been eating her lunch because the lunch bag is empty, and she is chowing down at home.

One of Julia's counselor's rides the bus from Franklin School and when I ask about how Julia is doing, she just says that all is fine. Friday, there is visiting day for parents. I'll find out more then.

I can tell it is summer. My body is full of welts and scabs, and I itch day and night. Ah, mosquitoes. They are certainly big in Wisconsin and after our wet spring, they are plentiful. I spray Julia down every morning just before we go out the door, and I do myself before I start working in the garden. Julia is almost as suspectible as I am. She came home on Tuesday with bites on her part line on top of her head. That and around the eyes are the worst.

No comments: