28 June 2008

Letter update

We have done 4 letters this week as well as going through all the letters we've learned each time we sit down. Julia can now almost write her first and last name if I tell her what letter to write of her last name. She is getting stuck on the R, and I will do a re-work of that letter soon. She is getting better at finger signs for the letters and so am I. One thing she does not naturally do is to write on the lines. We are using paper with wide line and a dotted line between two solid lines. The letters are never on any of the three lines we are using, but the letters generally follow one another in the right order and are between the two solid lines. Julia makes some of the letter in really bizaar ways and it is hard to break her of that habit. I think that is one of the reasons that R is hard for her -- I can't even describe the way that she makes a big R!

Swimming today -- Actually a good lesson. Julia is doing more of what is expected of her. The progress is incrimental and I can't say enough about the patience of her teachers. I swear that kid will be the star of a swimming team one day!

David's new montra with Julia: I am open to new ideas.

No comments: