26 June 2008

Update

Julia told me last night that her legs, particularly her calfs, hurt sometimes at camp. Wow! This was just what I wanted to work on this summer and she is doing it. We have been doing lots of activities involving calfs because hers are weak. We walk down our steps using both legs, we walk in the pool whenever I can get her to do it, and we are walking to the camp bus. When I picked her up at camp yesterday to go to speech therapy, I could see the amount of running and walking that the kids do. Not to much for normal developing kids but probably a bit too much for Julia. No wonder her legs hurt at night. I rubbed her calfs and it seemed to help a bit. I will consider saying something to her counselors if she keeps complaining, but she seems to be keeping up which is so cool.

The bugs, the bugs, the bugs! Julia was not too crazy about the bug spray on Monday. Today, she asked for it.

She is such an amazingly friendly child -- we walked to the bus with one of the counselors -- a guy named, David. Julia tried to engage him in her type of conversation. He did not get it at all, but she didn't quit. So many good qualities for her life!

Have I written how dirty she is when she gets home. It is great! Even after swimming. She did say something last night about being pushed into the pool or being splashed by other kids. She was not upset by it, but said she did not have her goggles on.

No comments: