13 June 2008

Thursday

Today the task is to turn the computer cum messy toy room where the dog pees on the red run into a place for Julia and I to work and play this summer. I think, but I am not sure, that I read somewhere that it is a good idea to have a separate place to home school. Now, I wouldn't call what I am doing homeschooling. I don't think we are going to skip grades or do higher math, but the idea of a special place to do the summer work that I have planned is a good one. Somewhere to display projects and hang papers, record progress and calendar our days – our mornings and nights. Because Julia is being pretty negative right now – NO, to every new idea – I am going to go slow this weekend.

I am also putting toys away that she is not playing with – dolls are the main thing. I fear that this child is not going to demand new doll clothes from me. Ah, me. After winnowing, other toys will be displayed better and be seen.

Stormy this morning. Full lights on in this house to see anything. I could be doing this cleaning at twilight. I hope we keep lights on.

1 comment:

tumbleintodreams said...

I'd love to see a photo of your room after you get it ready! sherri