11 June 2008

Magic

I believe in magic.

Not in the hocus pocus Harry Potter kind. Not in the positive thinking to get what you want kind. But the kind that is all around us is only we can open our minds and hearts to what is outside of ourselves. It is to me a process of refocusing, looking anew at what I have seen before. It is about changing views and about changing which is so very hard for me (and everyone else.) Whenever I experience some of it, and there is a sparkle inside of me when it is working, I want to freeze the moment to figure out how I was in that open minded place. I want to recapture the sparkle so I can put it to work for me. But the stream of time gurgles on and I am left with only wet hands and no mystical understanding. Being in the moment is not so easy.

I have approached a few moms about the possibility of play dates with Julia and have been rather rebuffed. Some people are busy, I know. Some just don't do that sort of thing, perfering the kids find their own friends in the neighborhood. But I have talked to some, good possibilities from school, who have more than suggested that if their kid doesn't request a play date with a child, they don't impose a friend on their child. Okay. I smile and walk away. BUT I need to get Julia playing with someone!!! Yesterday, as I was dropping Julia off at school, a girl who is very sweet, in 1st grade, and has always been kind to Julia, was getting out of her mom's car. Impulsively, I tapped on the window and talked to the mom whom I had met at an Overture Center performance. She was more than happy to have the offer. Yahoo.

Julia notes:

Julia stopped playing with her LPS toys to call out the window to Daddy and ask what he was doing.

Julia is using more and more sentences with us. "Daddy, I need you help inside."

We are doing the brushing protocol now at least 4 times a day. It might be helping her to focus more.

Annie (our OT) and I are going to do a picture book of the camp schedule for Julia to ease her transition into the new routine.

I am going to rearrange our computer/toy room for summer work.

AND I have sent out letters of introduction and resumes to everyone in Dane County who has anything to do with Guardian Ad Litem work. Gotta find the magic there as well.

2 comments:

Cindi Campbell said...

Julia is beautiful. My Mia is 6 yrs. old and everytime we go to the playground she is hopeful to find someone to play with. I wish we lived close to you. Sigh!
Cindi

Suz said...

Me too, Cindi. I checked out your blogs and saw that you lost a little girl before she came home. I am so sorry. These little ones burrow deep into your heart before they even reach your arms.

Suzanne