21 December 2010

On this shortest day of the year, we started with a rather boring tree, no lights and only a few decorations. Truth be told, it is not unusual at all for me to put up a tree 3 or 4 days before Christmas and then leave it up through the first week of January. So, although I feel like I came to real decoration of our little tree late, I was just about on time for my own clock.
When I asked Julia what she wanted to decorate the tree with, what else would she say but dinosaurs. With the help of her therapist, Ellen, they spent the whole morning making dinosaur decorations for the tree. I took off the few decorations and put lights and sparklies and icicles and other decorations.
And at the bottom of the tree, is a whole host of dinosaurs to serve as decoration and to guard our tree. It seems to be working well. No one, apart from DiDi Chi, has come anywhere near the tree.
On the mantle, I put up a few of our regular decorations.
And had to add just one dino for balance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you got me beat. I could not put up a christmas tree by myself. I would not even know were to start. So you are way ahead of me. I know Christmas is a rough time of year. I stilll look at ornaments from Jennifer and cry. But she loved Christmas so much and loved decorating everything that now what we do is for her. Bill, started that about nine years ago we decorate to the nine's for Jennifer and it really helps. Plus it is fun. So take deep breaths and go on. You will make it just take baby steps.

I know you will make it. When are you leaving for Barbara's? Enjoy the family and baby Noah. Just relax and let them take care of you they will and it will be great. Remember I love you and the girls lots and am always in your corner for you are my sister and no matter what the past was I still care.

So have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Enjoy yourselves and know I am here thinking of you.

Merry Christmas Suzanne. Love Allways, Carol

Barbara said...

Hi Suzanne,
I just recently found your blog, and am reading it from the beginning (I have to do this with any new blogs I find, to understand the story!)
Anyway, I just wanted to say that your Julia seems like a delight. I was so sorry to read about your husband's death, I can only imagine how difficult it has been for your family. I will enjoy reading about your future adventures.
Have a blessed Christmas season.
Barbara