13 August 2011

Plans for the Farmers' Market are dashed by steady rain, but an idea to take Julia to the UW Geology Museum, where we have a few small dinosaur skeletons just blocks from our house are brewing. We need the rain -- the back garden has a brown lawn. And we need to get out of the house where all I see is organization and unpacking needing to happen. Now that I am doing it -- I seem to be avoiding the work of unpacking with vigor and instead, I am reveling in the emptiness and possibility. My leather chair which was looking a bit worse for wear and was wounded when the movers took it out of the house, is repaired and reconditioned -- the repair paid for by the movers, the reconditioning, I paid for. It looks great, and I will now endeavor to keep it out of direct sun which was responsible for its shabby look.

Oy! I have washed every stitch of clothes, material, and baggage that was on out trip, just in case one bug -- as in bed bug -- came with us. Total, over do, but Julia is itchy this morning which has me running to check the sheets and put her back into the shower. Again, oy!

No comments: