15 July 2009

Wednesday -- for pto work, a meeting with one of the principals (we have sisters school going from K-5 -- long history of integration), for Julia's therapy, our first team meeting, and for the house, a handyman put new hinges on all our bathroom doors.

So from the bottom, the hinges look great! They are brass but silver in color and look beautiful. Living in old houses for so long, old house with painted hinges on every door, or hinges that have been carefully cleaned but that are still old, I didn't know that I really wanted new hinges on my doors. LOL! I want to do all of the hinges in the house, most of which are painted over with a multitude of layers of different colored paints. These lovely hinges are $50 a pair, so I'm going to go slow, but if we stay in this house, within the next two years, all of our hinges will be replaced.

Ah, the house. We went to a few open houses last Sunday and did not see our dream house. Sure, some had some better features than ours but most of those were way out of the price range. As I sit on this porch typing away, I find it hard to imagine that we are ever going to find a place that pleases us more than this one. I wish we did not have as much siren noise (way too close to two hospitals) but I like where we are, I like that this is not an overly pretentious neighborhood, I like the quiet but the bustle just beyond our borders. At least one day last week, I was sure that we should move, but this week, I am certain that renovation is the right course.

Team meeting -- Our therapy team -- line therapists and senior therapist -- got together today for an hour. There was scheduling and process to discuss and we got through it all. Julia was such a hostest -- picking up the big bowl of watermelon that I had cut up for everyone and offering it to each person. She was a bit put off because her "friends" who usually play with her were talking amongst themselves, but she managed the meeting and then went to play with the one friend who stayed. Our lead therapist said that she saw small changes over the week and I reported about Julia's OT from yesterday. Everyone seems to be comfortable with what they are doing and comfortable with Julia in general. I expect a bit of a kickback when Julia starts to really test them. But, for the record, it is such a short time, the line therapists managed her very well.

I am still in awe contemplating three years of this level of therapy.

Finally, PTO. I had a long talk with one of our principals finding out a little about our two school --Franklin and Randall are sister schools which together handle our neighborhood kids K-5 grade. I am not a natural, I don't always ask the right questions, or any questions for that matter. Leadership, and I realize it is just a PTO, is a challenge. I am going to have to work on this one.

No comments: