06 May 2010

Julia has had a very good week so far. Good reports from school and very good reports from the therapists.

This morning I was writing a note to her teacher in our communication notebook and Julia asked to write a few words. I handed her the book and she wrote: cat, mat, sat, cake, and a scribble. She was pleased with herself.

Last night when I read Horton Hears a Who before bed, she repeated every sentence. Whew, it took a long time! And she also asked for me to point to words now and again.

Just to balance things out, she still protests, however weakly, that she doesn't want to go to school and that she does not need to learn anything. Her anger is both closer to the surface and a bit easier to disperse -- and she is making that happen.

1 comment:

Cindi Campbell said...

If it makes you feel any better my kindegarten student still does not want to go to school every morning and I am dressing her and putting her shoes on. Taking her by the hand sitting her down to eat and then to brush her teeth. I will be so glad to see summer get here. AND then I'll have a whole new crop of problems. LOL. Glad to see your hubby doing great after surgery. Thinking of you guys, Cindi