11 May 2010

Yet another rainy, cold day in Madison. Julia and I slept late by about an hour and were just that amount of time late for school's beginning. According to Ginny, Julia had a bit of trouble transitioning right away into math, but was fine the rest of the day. She came home rather articulate and ready to play. She really enjoyed her therapy time with Stephanie.

However, this morning upon waking, Julia was quite a loud T-rex. She did not want to go to school, did not want to get dressed, etc. I was able to gently guide her out of bed, dress her, feed her, get her in her jacket, and to school. By the time she sat down for breakfast, she was in the grove and had no trouble with the rest of the morning ritual. I wonder how much her protestations is about trauma and how much about autism. Of course, they can converge and over lap. I wonder if it would do any good to really know.

Yesterday's visit to the neurologist was interesting.
I cleaned the computer/toy room getting every toy sorted into its rightful box, getting arts and crafts stuff on shelves that are easy to find and access, and purging the room of reading books. I want to rearrange and reorganize the room for the summer, but I don't have an idea yet. I will probably replace the little table that Julia has grown out of with something that can be next to the computer desk. Also, I will take down letters and find a new way to emphasize words and a few numbers. Oh, and replace the art that is up with newer stuff -- some of Julia's and some to inspire her.

Tonight is the last PTO meeting of the year. I hope and expect that elections will keep me as president -- it is more of a volunteer position than an elected. In fact, if there was someone who wanted to take over, I'd step down very graciously. If all goes as planned, almost the entire executive committee will work with me another year. I like these people, they work hard and think deeply about our kids. I enjoy working with them so much.

No comments: