07 May 2010

Yesterday, Marilyn asked me how old Julia seems to me. She asks me this periodically and although I think about it from time to time, I never have a prepared answer for her. Yesterday, I said 6 during the day and 3 at night. Now, I think it is closer to 5 during the day and 4 at night.

We saw "How to train you dragon" yesterday. Julia very happily donned ear plugs and ear muffs, and enjoyed the whole movie. The theater was pretty empty and Julia could talk now and again. We have to try off night movie viewing during the summer. She had a great time, and we have had three excellent dragon pictures so far. I am sure there will be more this weekend. She loved that everyone in the town got a dragon pet at the end of the movie. I think she might want to move there.

I read the story I am writing for her during attachment therapy. Julia liked it. I am hoping to get her to draw pictures for it. I am also going to post it on the blog for comments and ideas but not now.

It is rainy today -- cool, almost cold. A good day for a bit of firewood in the fireplace. I have desk work and a dirty house. I will be busy, but first a short lay-down with David before he goes off to work.

No comments: