24 May 2010

Tracing

Today was hot, hot summer weather and I went appliance shopping.

Julia discovered tracing today. Her aide, Sheila, helped her last Friday to pick out two drawing books. Julia couldn't take them out because she already had two books out and we had forgotten to return them on library day. So she returned her books today and brought home the drawing books. I think that it was Sheila who showed her that she could trace the pictures as well as copy them. And Julia started tracing, and then adding to what she had traced (her emu baby was at least as good as her traced emu adult). She added a Joey to the kangaroo picture and colored it. She drew a pod of whales with bigger fins than she traced. She was so excited about this discovery, and she made me sit down and trace with her -- and of course, she had to pick out what I could trace. Her joy was wonderful.

And ever so good to feel with her after my worrying about numbers and math and school work.

No comments: