03 May 2010

Julia is off to school and I survey my world. I gather a to-do list, noting that phone calls to make appointments and clarify appointments should come first, emails for tomorrow's budget meeting next. And then there is a pick up to clear the debris of weekend play -- at least three art projects to coral, toys to separate and put away, floors to vacuum and rugs to shake. And then there is outside with the back garden to mow, weeds to pluck and spray in a few offending areas. A kitchen designer to see today if David is up for it -- he being at his monthly biopsy at the beginning of his day which was earlier than Julia and mine. Afternoon speech and OT before we settle into home with therapy for Julia until 7. Such are the parameters of the morning, the day is alive with promise and I am grounding myself in the mundane.

Julia and I rushed to get ready for school today. She maintained a happy mood and was not disturbed by the few kinks in her morning. I breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments: