02 May 2010

Julia is very clear today. She is singing lyrics, reciting bits of tv scripts. Her drawings are clear as well -- a T-rex kicks her punching bag. I am interested to see the rest of the day. And of course, I wonder why.

She had a mixed day with her therapists. On Sunday, we have two here. Julia starts at one and ends at six. She was tough on Amy and easy on Ellen. She and Ellen took a walk and as long as Julia could see our house she was fine. It was two weeks ago (I think) when she freaked out going around the block with Ellen. She was scared she was lost. Julia has never done this with us. Is this her trust showing?

Now that therapy is over and we are getting ready for dinner, Julia is playing alone with her little pet shop stuff. She has not played with these little guys in a long time and she bring skirt full after skirt full of stuff to the living room "coffee" table to set up. She also bring pipe cleaners for some idea of hers. She will hate to stop for supper in a few minutes and will rush through eating to get to her grand design. She is telling me a story of King Julian who is not happy and his queen who is wearing a collar. They are dogs.

During Julia's therapy, I was outside mowing the lawn. I hate mowing the lawn! I cannot start the power mower because I can't start the motor with a pull. I borrowed my neighbor's little push mower and hated every second. However, I am going to be mowing the lawn for the foreseeable future. I better figure something out.

I've started working on a story of dinosaur adoption. Julia learns from stories and it could be a powerful tool to reach her, but I must admit my trepidation. I am a pretty terrible fiction writer, and not for want of trying. Oh, if I can write just what is in my heart.

No comments: