23 June 2010

David is at the hospital getting the more extensive lung biopsy, Julia is downstairs with Morgan, her first therapist of the day, and I am in the bedroom intent on finding out something about the ramforinkus, Julia's dinosaur choice for the day, making a few calls, getting July's schedule in order, and writing a few words.

Yesterday, one of our therapists cancelled her afternoon time and Julia and I headed for a short visit to the pool. We have been to the pool twice in the last week and Julia has not wanted to go into the water. She says she is scared, and I can't tell if that is an excuse or for real. She goes both ways, when she doesn't want to do something.

We only had about 45 minutes of swimming time before the pool closed and most of the camp kids were gone for the day. Sometimes I can just move a step at a time with Julia. It is now effective when she is rejecting an idea for no good reason, and I trust that she will reject what she really doesn't want.

So, we changed into bathing suits, brought our bag to a chair, and went in the water together. She was fine and we had fun together. She does want someone to play with -- some kid, not me. I have to see what I can do about that.

I am having a feathered Fascinator made for me and something for Julia as well for our London wedding. I can't wait to see the designs.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I didn't know what a feathered fascinator was so I googled it. And now I know. HOW COOL!! You're going to look so great! Picture of the dresses or do we have to wait for pictures at the wedding?

Praying for David's biopsy. Finger's crossed too!

August is slowly creeping up on us.

:)

Suz said...

LOL! I didn't know what a fascinator was until a few weeks ago. I stated looking for hats for our Alice's wedding and nothing appealed to me. I goggled British wedding hats and thought I'd find one or two sites, but I found hundreds! And I was fascinated by fascinators. But how to get one. Our local mall had nothing -- not that I expected anything -- and even our local hat store sales person just stared at me when I asked about fascinators. I found lots of expensive websites but I could not spend more on a few feathers than I did on the dress. I checked out etsy.com and I hit the jackpot. Lots of people hand making hats and fascinators. I picked a hat maker, contacted her, sent her pictures of our dresses, and I am waiting for her designs.

Just incredible fun!

And yes, I will post pictures of our dresses. We bought shoes, etc. yesterday. We are very ready to party.