30 June 2010

Wednesday morning

Thank you, Sharyn, for what you said. And thanks to others who have commented. This is a tough one for me. Encouragement and advice helps.

Julia and I slept last night. It has been cool at night and we are sleeping and living with the windows open and breezes blowing through our rooms. Oh, I like this so much better than air conditioning -- not that I mean to poo-poo the cool mechanical air in our vents when it is steamy outside. I just love the open widow summer air. It is so real.

I came home last night a bit past 8 to find that Ellen and Julia were just ready to go up to bed. They had made cookies (and cleaned up so well that this morning I marveled that there was no sign of baking at all apart from the tin of treats). I feasted on the end of a shredded brocolli salad and cookies, as Julia and I watched a bit of one more movie. Julia suggested one of my favorites and not My Little Pony or one of hers. We ate cookies in bed and yes, there are crumbs. Who cares! We snuggled into covers and tickled. It was all good.

I turned out the light and layed with her (as per usual) but never got up again. Thankfully, I had locked the doors and generally had the house ready for night, but left a few lights on and the dog never got her last walk. But we needed the sleep.

This morning, I woke up before Julia which is pretty rare. We usually have a therapist over right now, but she appears to be late or missing the session. It is fine. We have Marilyn this morning and then the day to ourselves. I plan to visit David, hopefully have lunch all together, and then go to the pool for awhile.

I realize this morning and as I write every minute of my day, that I am lonely. I am talking to a few friends and of course, Cheshire, but I miss a body here to trade the day with. I think of my single mom friends. You are fantastic. I don't think I could do it.

So many lessons.

No comments: