10 June 2010

One the cusp of dinosaur days

So today is Thursday -- Sumer vacation minus 2 -- and I haven't written all week. Today, is Julia's "moving on" ceremony, as her class moves from second to third grade, from Franklin School (K-2) to Randall (3-5). All the same kids, we consider the two schools one grammar school, but a change of buildings and a change from the little kids to the big kids. I have no idea of what she understands of the move, except she is happy to think that she has only two more days of school until vacation.

"I never going back to school."

We let her say it to avert a fight and wonder if there will be a fight in September.

I am painting one wall of our toy room/den/computer room. It will be the display wall and the work wall of our dinosaur summer. I am pumped to get down to studying dinosaurs.

3 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

So I realize that your study of dinosaurs really means digging deeper into Julia in a way, but I wondered if you knew that there are some true dino digs out west? A friend of mine took her daughter there a few years back and they worked with paleontologists to unearth some real bones. Maybe an idea for a future summer excursion??

Suz said...

One day that will be an incredible summer excursion. If she maintains her interest, I am sure we will get to that.

Cheshire said...

Hey mama,

I wanna chime in and tell you that I, also, am never going to school again. AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.

love and miss ya!