01 June 2010

Inspiring Julia

I told Julia that we were going to study dinosaurs during this summer. I don't know if she really understood but she was happy. Now to figure out what that means. I looked for the WI educational standards to see what expectation are for K, first and second grade. Then, it dawned on me that I don't want to set goals based on how many words she can read or what kind of addition she can do. Rather, I want to see Julia working happily and with excitement. How to do this? How to do this? How to do this?

2 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

Definitely dig into some Montessori readings and see what you can find. I think it would be the perfect setting for Julia. Good luck!!

Unknown said...

I'd like to hear Julia's version of what is a dinosaur, and why they are so important. What noble characteristics do dinosaurs possess that humans might do well to incorporate? Perhaps a dinosaur party, and having to adjust a recipe to accommodate a certain number of dinosaurs . . . Do the dinosaurs have names? -- how to spell them (for place cards) . . . Have fun!