28 July 2008

Holding on

A bit of an embarrassing report -- Julia has had problems sleeping ever since her rash started. Bug bites make getting to sleep tougher and I was concerned that her sleeping was being interrupted as a result of he listening therapy. I talked to her OT therapist last week and Annie asked questions about changes. I said that covers were some concern to Julia -- Julia loves her quilt and duvet but it is much too hot for this time of year. Annie suggested going back to the quilt because the weight of it might make a difference to Julia. AND I resisted her suggestion very strongly.

The only reason I have for needing to resist so strongly is that Julia's sleeping has not been an issue for us. We have an occasional uncooperative night, but generally, Julia goes to sleep pretty quickly and normally. I think I wanted to hold on to something normal. Just that.

Thinking about it this weekend, I am rather shame-faced that I didn't just listen to Annie and change Julia's covers. I am doing that TODAY!

1 comment:

tumbleintodreams said...

This is interesting to me. I've always had to have a certain weight of covers on me in bed. Doesn't matter the temperature, I need the heaviness. We do adjust the thermastat cooler than most people. But I always just thought it was my quirky thing. Seems there could be a reason for it. I don't know what it is, but maybe you understand it better. I have actually worried about being put in a coffin without covers...... crazy, morbid me. sherri