31 July 2008

Morning report

Last evening we went to Camp to have supper with all campers and parents and watch the kids entertain us. Last session, I made a very nice pasta salad which I was sure that Julia would love and she was much more interested in the take-out pizza that other families brought. So, this time, I gave her the choice of my cooking, pizza, or chinese food. She opted for my friend rice and then said she wanted noodles and nu-nu (meat with fat -- yeah, fat). So, we ordered from the restaurant down out street and set out for camp. We also had to go to therapy, pick up Dad, go and get the blue car which was being checked out prior to vacation, and THEN go to camp.

It all worked and we enjoyed Chinese noodles with nu-nu (beef lo mein to the uninitiated) on a blanket with 250 other families and a million mosquitos. Ah, the joys of summer. After eating the kids are called up to perform with the counselors. It is a very low stress performance but Julia had no interest at all standing up and singing with the kids. So we watched for a little while and then she wanted to go home. Unfortunately, we missed some of the best performances including a rendition of "These boots are made for walking" choreographed by one of Julia's counselors. We heard all about it waiting for the bus this morning.

My most important task today is to put together a way for Julia to do her listening therapy during our vacation. My begging -- no, I really didn't because Annie is too nice to make her feel badly because we cannot continue using the official headphones -- was to no avail. We will try to use our good headphones for vacation. They might not provide optimal sound, but heck, Julia is improving visible day-by-day, I don't want to stop. Last night while we were doing her brushing, she asked about her music. "Where music?" After an initial grumbling about using headphones 'all' the time, I think she is getting use to it.

This morning I was looking for a way to preserve the basil that I cut from my plants and the cherries that we picked last Sunday. Whatever the method, it had to be quick because gettting ready for vacation is taking up the main priority. I found a Storing Basil website, there were many basil websites. Who knew? Finding out about sour cherries was not as easy -- obviously, being a sour cherry expert carries no prestiege like that of the basil addicionado. I do have a bit of pitting work ahead. It seems like something that Julia would enjoy but just not before vacation.

No comments: