24 July 2008

Thursday

I guess I am going to have to contend with Julia using all her power to disrupt the camp bus in the morning for another week. Camp ends for us at the end of next week and it seems that Julia has build up a ritual of refusing to get on the bus at the last minute before it leaves. One might suggest that we lure her on before the other kids, but that is not possible because of bus rules. I think it is an exertion of control of which she has so little. The first time she did it, I was really flustered, but now that she has done it so often, the bus counselors and I are not phased by it at all. I talk, they talk, sooner or later, she stands up and gets on the bus and resumes her happy demeanor.

We are into out second week of trial for the listening therapy and I need to keep notes on what might be attributed to using it.

1. In the car this morning, Julia told me very calmly and succiently that she loved her little dog, Latkah, that she wanted to pet her, and that she wanted Latkah to stay at the puppy house. Julia has never had an easy relationship with the dog, rather it is one of fear and sibling rivalry. I wonder if this change of mind heralds a new time for Latkah.

2. It was easy to get out this morning. Julia did not take issue with hair being done, teeth brushed, or head phones put on.

No comments: