25 July 2008

Friday and getting ready for Door County

Julia is in camp this morning and David at work. I dropped the dog at her favorite summer place. This is a great kennel and we love the people that run it. There is a gallery where we can view pictures of our pooch's vacation. :) Latkah's picture is not up yet, but I am sure it will be soon.

Anyway, I have packing and straightening and hopefully we leave about one. We wil pick Julia up and wisk her away.

Door County is in the north east tip of Wisconsin -- sort of like Maine or Cape Cod, at least this is what I have been led to believe. I am hoping for less mosquitoes -- lumps on lumps these days for both Julia and I. We are staying at the Nordic Lodge and hope to walk the lake and bay beaches, amble down quaint streets, and eat some good food. David is really looking forward to the break -- our pre-vacation, vacation.

Julia's behavior this morning was very good. We did get the to the bus stop first -- the bus was there but no other families. I wondered whether this has anything to do with her behavior. We eased into school last year by going to the playground early and swinging. Maybe it is the security of being the first at a place and in some way marking her turf. She did greet everyone who arrived and rambled on about what was on her mind. All the parents were giving her thumbs up for getting on the bus without a problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've notice with my girls, they too, respond better being first at places. Maybe it gives them more of a sense of control of the situation?