15 January 2009

Caloo-Calay, look who is 8 today!

David took two pictures of Julia practicing her violin with me last week and since that time, I've been trying to scrap with those pictures. Nothing I tried looked quite right until I realized that what I just loved about the pictures was the way the Julia was looking at me. It will be a long time until Julia learns to play her violin but the lessons and practices are worth more than music and money. We work together to learn letters and words and numbers and games and puzzles and swimming and music -- am I crazy to believe that I am touching different part of that dear little brain?

And today, we wake up to cold that might be as much as -48 -- a dear friend reminds me that this weather is just like that in Inner Mongolia right now, the place where her soon to be daughter waits. So, we have another day in Inner Mongolia together. Reports on the day's doings will come later but just maybe if we can get outside, it will include shopping for a very special gift together! Can we do that ????

And what do I do with 17 freshly baked blue iced cup cakes??

(The Julia picture uses elements from the digital scrapbooking kit Lil'Metroites page kit created by Nicole Young, which can be found at http://www.digital20scrapbookplace.com.)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Julia!!!!!!!!!!! We hope you have a great #8 today!! Stay warm and do the only thing there is to do with 17 blue-icing cupcakes.....EAT THEM ALL!!!

Jen & Marin

Jill W said...

Happy Birthday, Julia! 8 is Great! Stay warm and enjoy all those cupcakes. Our 2nd daughter waits for us in Heilongjiang province. It is -8 there today. How funny that we are sharing the same weather!

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday Julia!
I agree. The cupcakes must be eaten.

Anonymous said...

I love the way she is looking at you as well.

Traci

ChinaCalling said...

I love your scrapbooking. And I was tickled to see I got a mention with the Inner Mongolia weather. Hope today is warmer for you guys.