02 January 2009

Home work 1 jan 08

It was tough getting Julia to do any work today. I think she senses that vacation is ending in a few days and it is time to get back to our more regular schedule. After lots of coaxing and a few breaks, she did a really adequate amount of work with me.

1. wrote her name and four sentences
2. did our flash card sight words and added four new words. Interestingly, after prompting from me she is beginning to sound out the words she has not memorized. I help her do.
3. used the Dr. Suess Kindergarten program to work on simple addition
4. did two pages in the Kindergarten erasable work book that Cheshire gave her for Christmas.

Worked on violin. Julia knows all the parts of the violin and bow that I know. (I am missing a few) She can do rest position and playing position and hold the bow quite well. She can even make noise with the bow on the strings.

No comments: