01 January 2009

Hot Lava Soup

Ummmm . . . . Happy New Year! 2009, whatever it will be, I welcome it.

I had plans drawn up in my head about what I was going to do last night after I put Julia to bed. We are still laying down until she falls asleep and there's the rub. We had a bit of a drama getting her upstairs with me -- she so prefers her Dad -- but once up, we read Horton Hears a Who, and she was yawning and fading out, so I kissed her and turned out the light. AND fell asleep myself. David woke me just before the new year to change beds and wish me a Happy New Year. No big parties, no party at all, but all very sweet -- well, most of it minus the drama of getting upstairs.

So no late night reflection of the year that has passed or promise of resolutions in print, but a new day today, resolutions over oatmeal, and dino games with Julia. Right now, we are still at the breakfast table, Julia has eaten her hot dog omlet (a new, Daddy-made, almost embarassingly mid-west confection) and a bowl of oatmeal. The T-Rex and triceratops are out with their kids. They wanted to fight but they are now friends and the T-Rex is making Hot Lava Soup with shark and noodles on top of a volcano. The T-Rex is holding a cup and a laddle and telling the children (a relatively new word for Julia) to be careful of the hot. A tree star salad will be served on the side.

A very happy New Year to all. Deep reflections to come later.

No comments: