19 November 2009

Busy day and all I want to do is stay home and finish the hall! Ed, the handiman who I might have to start calling our contractor, finished his part of the back hall. I have cawking, painting, cleaning and arranging to do. I will not get to it until tomorrow. It looks great -- clean and put away. We'll see how it looks when coats, hats, scarves, gloves, etc get in there. I still haven't figured out what to do with shoes, but this is a beautiful start. It looks like I envisioned it and it looks like I'd like the rest of the first floor to look -- very built in and neat.


Pictures will follow.


I took Julia for her pre-op at the doc's this morning. She is getting her extra tooth out on Monday -- in the hospital with general anesthesia which is very necessary. She is fine. Her behavior at the doc's office was better than ever. Still, she is a peculiar child, but peculiar is okay. We are working on eye contact everywhere we go now, and I am seeing a bit of results -- that is, eye contact without being asked. I believe she will learn this and this behavior -- eye contact when people talk to her and she answers will help her tremendously towards looking acceptable.


We still have sound to deal with.


I go to another legal CLE today while David picks Julia up and takes her to the doc for medication, and then to AT. He has only met Marilyn, so I am interested to see what he says. We may have the evening off from therapy tonight. Bad for our monthly hours but very nice for us to have lots of reading time and snuggling while watching tv time.

Ah, private family time. It is nice once in awhile.

No comments: