22 November 2009

Sunday before Thanksgiving

A good Sunday. Church in the morning. Unfortunately, Julia's class was taught by the boring lady. Fortunately, the kids spent most of the time outside and Julia and her aide walked the grounds instead of listening. Julia ate the snack with the other kids and was very happy to see us when the services were over.

We did not have therapy today and I needed to keep cleaning for Thursday. So, Julia played to her hearts content while I gathered dust, washed windows, and put stuff away. I brought lots of bedding to my neighbor's empty apartment that we will use as extra bedrooms. Vacuuming and washing floors comes tomorrow, AND sorting the kid's toys. I should finish cleaning tomorrow and have Tuesday and Wednesday to finish up with the baking and cooking prep for Thursday.

We were watching the old Grinch cartoon and when the Grinch's heart grew three sizes, Julia asked about the heart being outside of the Grinch's body. Well, it was the perfect time to start talking about David's heart. We told her that Daddy's heart was not working well and he needed a new heart. She asked a question about whether they were going to open Daddy up in the hospital, and we knew that she understood.

Later, getting ready to sleep, I read a new book about the body which Julia really liked. When I was finished reading, Julia asked about my heart, about whether it was sick, about whether it was too old, about whether I would need a new one. I assured her that my heart was not too old and was going to last me a long time. She seemed satisfied, and then said, "Mommy, I love science."

She is such an interesting child.

No comments: