20 November 2009

When we got home from school today, Julia and I cuddled on the couch. The past two days Julia has given me a lot of eye contact. Today, she even said to me, "Look at me, mommy!" She is talking to me when we cuddle.

Our line therapist of the day, Ellen, told me that Julia played a number of times this afternoon about not being invited to a birthday party. One little pet told another that she was not invited; and later one pony told another that she would never be invited to a party. I am sure this happened because it is not part of any story that Julia heard or saw. If she is upset about not being invited to a party, she is understanding that someone was unkind to her and maybe that someone is excluding her. I am both so very sad that Julia has to experience this, but so very excited that she is paying attention and understanding this human interaction.

Currently on Julia's Christmas list is a hand held little pet shop game, a venus fly trap, and a fish.

I asked on the attach yahoo board what I could do to make Julia comfortable with the heart transplant procedure. We will not have time or warning before it happens and just telling her about it doesn't seem enough. I have been working on a story but that too does not seem to meet what I need. Another mom suggested a felt board with pieces that can tell the story about what will happen and that will allow Julia to work with the story the way she wants. This is a marvelous idea and right up Julia's alley. I thought about making it -- Too time comsuming right now! Buying one -- can't find anything that is about a hospital (which I thought I could enhance). Went on Etsy.com and left a request for someone to make one.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Suzanne...Did you check out http://www.storytimefelts.com/

It's a neat little "store"...go to their site and click on products. Maybe it's worth emailing them and asking if they could personalize a felt storytime board for you...or something??

Oh, I was reading back a few days on your posts..We registered for all Dansk dishware, glasses, serving pieces glaore...for our wedding. That was 10 years ago, and they are just like new. I love them, such great quality..and sturdy!! I'll have to check out ebay for Dansk pieces now :-)

And, YES, isn't private family time WONDERFUL!!!! Just read stories, watch tv, snuggle, have a soft blanket handy, make popcorn, or have a fun snack. When I tell the kids they can have root beer or Orange Crush...they go crazy with excitement. I love it.

Keeping David in my prayers!! I have this feeling that he will do wonderfully and it will be a complete success...

Oh, and I LOVE HannaAndersson too!! Oh my...such cute and comfy clothes..Love the play dresses with matching tights. Well, anything Hanna is lovely. I shop their website..clearance/sale items..or sometimes they have a promo with 25% off or something.... I just ordered my daughter some long-sleeve tees and clogs..on sale. Love their comfy clogs. Oh and 2 long-sleeve tees for myself too :-) So soft..and stay nice.

Can't wait to see a picture of your Thanksgiving table..I'm sure it will be very pretty.