28 November 2009

Saturday

The turkey that is left is on a dessert plate covered with plastic. The mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and stringbeans are gone. There is another two or three plastic containers filled with our various cranberry sauces. We have some biscotti left and a complete pumpkin pie. The house is quiet with all of our guests, dinner and stayovers, gone. The house is quiet with David dosing and Julia watching a Charlie Brown that I've never senn before.

Thanksgiving is over.

Julia is so very interested in Christmas and even David suggested we put up our tree early. If the day is warm and sunny tomorrow, Julia and I will put up some lights. She loves, loves, loves the lights that are already up in the neighborhood.

Julia's behavior has been pretty good with all the people in the house. She has been kind, pretty gentle and interested. She has answered questions and seemed attentive to our guests. She loved being with Sarah and Michael. She loved being with Cheshire. Last night, we all sat around the dinner table eating leftovers and Julia said grace and then raised her hands saying, "friends, friends." Later, when I was putting her to bed she told me, "Mommy, I love everyone." This is a child who appreciates the love that she is given more than anyone that I know.

I would guess that the meds are beginning to kick in. Right now, Julia is laying in David's lap as she watches tv. This is another notch down in relaxation for her. She may also be more articulate -- using more appropriate and complicated words.

Because of our guests, Julia has been sleeping with David and I. She wants to do it again tonight and I will let her. We talk about her falling asleep in her own bed without one of us laying down. We've been walking about it for awhile now. Oh, I am hoping to implement soon, but snuggling with that girl is such a joy.

No comments: