25 November 2009

Wednesday

Last time I wrote was Sunday; now, it is Wednesday and . . . I have lost time. I love that phrase . . . lost time . . . found time . . . no time. If time is like Einstein said, then it is so much preception, but I really do not understand because if I did, I would have had an extra hour or so for sleeping.

I have my list, checked a number of times, and I need to fly today to get it all done.

Just a moment.

Julia's surgery went well. The doc took out a much bigger tooth than I thought was there. Really good that it did not try coming in. It would have really ruined her lovely teeth. I gave her one dose of pain medication yesterday and then she insisted she felt fine the rest of the day. I have no idea how much this hurt but she did not complain. She was a bit lathargic yesterday but did not really settle down until bed.

And she was so brave. She told everyone she could that she was afraid and that she didn't want a shot. Lots and lots of words. Funny reactions to the medication that put her to sleep -- very loopy. She looked awful when she first woke up, but did not rage or tantrum. I was so proud! She wanted me and held my hand. She recovered quickly, dealt with the blood that continued to ooze from her mouth without worries, and went home happy after a ride in a wheelchair.

I kept her home from school yesterday, doc's orders. She did not really need it and did not want to go today, but she is such a trooper.

Today, I can report that I think the medication -- her guanfacine -- is taking some of the edges off her behavior. Just a bit less of the resistance.

okay, so much on the plate. Better start running!

No comments: