25 February 2010

Thursday

This will be short. I am working on Julia's first life book and I want to finish it as soon as I can. Still, I am sure that it will be another week before I am done.

*Saw the drug doc today. He suggested an antidepresant -- an SSRI -- to work on Julia inability to handle transition. I want to read some about them before we add a third drug to her routine. We are staying with the Aderrall 10 mg rx and adding .5 mg Guanfacine in the evening, giving her .5 mg mornings and 1 mg at night.

*Julia had a tantrum today at school. Morning transition from drawing to math. She took a shorter time to calm down but had to be taken out of the class room for her to calm down.

* Talked to Marilyn further about Julia's inability to do reciprocal interactions. Looking to see what we can do to make up for her earliest neglect -- mimicking mommy and daddy as a very young baby. I am going to try makeup this week. More on this later.

*Drawing. Just more wow! Need to take more pictures. A surfing penguin in an ocean of blue and brown -- the brown lines to show motion.

*Lots of hospital make believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I know you will research anti depressent drugs before letting Julia take any. Just please be carefull with them We both know what the ramifications can be if not monitored and handled correctly. Carol