06 July 2010

David's death 1

Nothing is going to work and I will not get to sleep tonight until I write this day out, at least a little. Just a bit more than 12 hours ago, David died. I still cannot believe what I am writing. I cannot get the reality of this deep enough into my bones; I know it but I am not knowing it.

It was not an awful death, it was not a long dying. There has been pain this past week and fatigue for awhile, but it was not so long, and I am so grateful.

I hated leaving his body. Even after it has turned cold, even after the blood was beginning to pool under his head and part of his back, I did not want to leave. Leaving was moving, moving on. I and we took a step and then two and then more away from David.

You know, there is so much that I am grateful for, so many thank yous that I have been saying because my friends are so wonderful, so giving, so caring of us. I knew all of this but i know better now. There is the belief that you can jump and the angels will catch you, I fell today from a great height and dear and caring people are catching.

Last week, after the ambulance and the ER and the night at the hospital as the docs figured out what to do to help David, I emerged shaken terribly but sure and strong, knowing that I could handle anything. It was an amazing feeling -- not that I was invincible, but to be sure that I was ready to take on everything that had ever scared me. I did not realize that I would need to use this new found empowerment so soon.

I just did not know so much.

21 comments:

Robin said...

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I will be holding you, Julia and Cheshire close in my heart in this difficult time.

Sharon said...

I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Suzanne.
prayers for you and Julia and Chesire. Tammi

Unknown said...

We are with you.

Traci said...

Our family is shaken by this news. Our group of seven families are a family in and of itself and today one of our family members is gone.

We can't imagine your pain, the emptiness, the heartache. I am so very grateful that Cheshire was able to be at you and Julia's side and that you were able to be there for her.

We will continue to pray for you and send positive energy your way.

We loved David and we love all of you.

Traci, Scott, Jaden, Valerie, Kevin & Yitong

Phyllis said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. I don't know you personally, but I feel I have grown to know you and your family by reading this blog. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you all.

Sara said...

Suzanne,

I'm in shock. I have followed your blog for awhile now. You are an amazing Mother. I can't even imagine the feelings you all must have. I'm so sorry and sad to read this news. I will be praying for you, Julia, and Cheshire.

Thank the Lord that Cheshire was able to be home with you. The two of you seem like a great team :-)

Sara

Snickerdoodle said...

Shocking news Suzanne. I'm so sorry.

Long time blog reader.
Snick

Carol said...

Suzanne,

I am so sorry for this horrible news. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Karen said...

Suzanne,
I wanted to let you know that you,
Julia and Cheshire are in my prayers.

Kevin S. Smith said...

Suzanne:

I am so saddened to learn this news. I'm in tears right now as I type this. My immediate family and I will be praying for you and the girls, as will many others here in the Indiana appellate court family. We love you all.

Bobbi Jo said...

Suzanne, I am so sorry to read this terrible news. I am shocked, as I'm sure you are too. You and the girls are in my thoughts and prayers. We are all here for you and wish you strength and peace.

Erienne said...

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your daughters in my thoughts. My heart aches for you all.

Erienne
*flingpoo*

Anonymous said...

Suzanne,

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

I have also been following your blog for some time. As a person, I'm shaken by David's passing. As a fellow heart transplant recipient, I am beyond shaken. I can't even find the proper word to use, other than I live in fear of an event like this daily.

May God bless David's soul and may he bless your family.

I will keep you, Cheshire and Julia in my prayers.

If you need anything at all in the future, please do NOT hesitate to ask. I'm here to lean on if you need to talk, cry, scream.

God Bless!

Don

http://My2ndHeartBeat.Wordpress.com

My2ndHeartBeat@Gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, I am a new reader so I really don' know all that happened, but I cannot imagine your pain. Sending you thoughts of peace.
Wendy

bbmomof2boys said...

Oh sweet Suz, I am so sorry for your and your family's loss. I know right now you are walking in darkness and it is a very scary road ahead but you can do this with the help of your friends and God. Please know that many of us are praying for you and holding your family up in those prayers.

Hugs,
Carla

norie said...

oh suzanne...we have been away this week and so i did not know of your terrible news until tonight..i am so, so sorry for you and your girls..

norie

Jules said...

I'm so sorry...I can't even imagine your loss but please know my prayers are with you all...now and always.

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your blog gives me strength as I am also an adoptive mom. Know that you and your girls are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear Suzanne,
I was late in hearing the news of David's passing, but I want to tell you that you and Julia and Cheshire have been in my thoughts ever since. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I also think it is wonderful that you have gone on this trip. I will remember David and the play he wrote for a long time. Keep moving....Love, Chris Frazier