27 July 2010

Tuesday

Oh, my days are confused, and I just emailed a friend of a friend about seeing him on Wednesday or Thursday although tomorrow is Wednesday and I already have plans. Oy! Also, I have to call Brad to see if we can visit him tomorrow or Thursday. From Friday til next Monday, we are in wedding mode.

After we managed to all get up at noon today (Ches was up a bit before, how much I don't know) and out soon afterwards. We went walking in St Albans, finding a place for brunch, some new clothes for Julia in a great sale at chic shop called Monsoon, re-touring the cathedral at St Albans, and getting Cheshire's old British phone up and running. Julia complained about all the walking and asked where our car was. But she did all that walking and was quite pleasant when we were shopping and in the church. Umm, she did peek into one of the dressing rooms where someone was changing right after we left our dressing room. The other customer pulled the curtain tight, and I expect did not find a peeking child amusing. I had to apologize but had to bite my cheeks. It was funny!

We left the store with two new outfits for Julia -- skirts and shirts -- very cute and half price. Pictures will follow soon.

Julia and I spent the evening in our "little house" as Julia calls it. This is a tiny flat but fits us comfortably. It is nice to have a flat instead of a hotel room, and our landlord has stocked with enough supplies for breakfast and snacks that it makes us very much at home.

We ate some much too greasy chips -- I had chicken and Julia had a hot dog. We had gone out looking for Chinese food, but the closest Chinese restaurant was closed (on Tuesdays) and it started raining. It has been raining slightly for the last two days -- I probably should have bought rain gear, but it is still lovely. The fish and chips place was the closest after the rain started. So, that was where we wound up.

It has been a nice day. Lots of talking to Cheshire, talking about David, talking about how we are both feeling, talking about the future and what the room in her new apartment situation is going to look like.

2 comments:

We5Chois said...

Suz,

I am so jealous. I can all but taste those greasy fish and chips... Can't believe you went looking for Chinese food in England - haha!
Have a great day today. I wish I was there with you all. Have fun!

Suz said...

Wish you were here too! I'd so love to meet you and your clan in person. And the Chinese food -- well just trying to please my skinny little girl. She will eat more lo mein than any other food, so I search for Chinese food. Actually, the Indian here is very good as well.

Suz