02 July 2010

Staying with David this evening and watching the movie "nine" together. Strange movie to watch in a hospital room. Strange movie in general.

David made some strides today -- taking two walks outside his room and eating much better -- but he is still in a lot of pain. The pain which didn't really seem to be an issue for the last few days. Or is it the weakness that overrode the pain and I didn't notice like I do now.

I took Julia to the swimming pool after therapy. Julia has not been excited about the pool at all which is quite change from the last few years. She has always loved swimming, now, she says she is scared. I am not sure of what she is scared of. I was dying to be in the water, so I paddled around the pool and Julia waited for me in a chair. Just as we were getting ready to leave, one of her friends from school came up to her and asked if she wanted to go into the pool. Julia again declined, and her friend asked if Julia might want to play in the sand box (a huge pit of sand where kids of all ages play). Julia wanted to do that and the two of them went to play for awhile.

I don't know. Sometimes I think I am seeing a sadness in her.

After the pool, we came to the hospital and we all had supper together. The lenght we go to for a family meal.

No comments: