15 July 2010

The day was hard and long today, but generally, I held myself together much better. I found myself taking big deep sighs of relief that I could focus, function, and accomplish tasks. I don't mean that I have been incapable of putting six cogent words together, but I have felt like I was coming from a great distance to do most anything -- I was so grateful for Lisa and Cheshire and Mary to drive me around last week. I could force myself but I have not been in any way at my best. Today, seems to be turning a new corner.

I am sure that there will be plenty of backsliding -- days when I cannot do much more than absolutely necessary -- but knowing that there are more productive days helps.

Still, it is so hard to believe. I still talk in terms of "we", I don't exactly think that David is coming home, but I don't feel the lack of his presence yet. It is as if he is on a trip. I miss him, but it is not yet a missing of someone gone forever.

Julia continues to insist that she will find me a new husband. Tonight, she added that the new husband will have a "good working" heart. I admire that girl's pluck. I remember over and over that she has been through so much worse. I feel she is appreciating me and really making an effort to take care of me and also do what I say. That doesn't always translate into actually doing what I say, but she talks about doing what I say.

We do have to manage the toys better than we have. I have not felt like my usual sorting and cleanup of her stuff, and the result would put the work of a minor tornado to shame.

the social security office was a bit of trouble, but by being a bitch just once a day, I am plowing through the work.

But yee gawd, am i bushed!


3 comments:

Sara said...

Keeping you, Julia, and Cheshire in my thoughts.

You are amazing.

Traci said...

"...but by being a bitch just once a day, I am plowing through the work."

Thanks for the smile. I love seeing and feeling you all over your words.

Love, Traci

Snickerdoodle said...

"...but by being a bitch just once a day, I am plowing through the work."

Yeah, I love this. Sometimes a warrior mom just has to be a *itch. LOL

I read every day to see how you are doing. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Cheshire and Julia.

Step by step. Day by day. You're doing the best you can. And that's all anyone can ask of you.

Best,
Snick :)
Single mom to two (9 & 4)