04 July 2010

I bought a yellow dress.

Yes, I bought a yellow dress for the Fourth of July. It was for the day after Chris and Sophie's wedding in New Jersey. My sister was going to have a bar-b-que and I thought this was such a cute sun dress. We didn't get to Jersey or the wedding or the bar-b-que, but we went to church today and to the hospital and Julia to a play date, and I thought she should wear the dress.

To those who might wonder why I didn't put her in something red, white, and/or blue, well, that is such so much me. Too many years of school uniforms for me to ever conform to holiday colors. So you will not find us in red or green at Christmas, blue for Chunukah, green for St. Pat's day, or red, white and blue for the Fourth. Okay, sometimes it has happened, but ever so rarely. And it is not a conscious decision. I have a deep, inner rebel.

My girl loved the dress but the bare back -- ties in the back -- was not comfortable even in this sticky summer weather. So, the little sweater shrug that was bought for the wedding went on. To me she looks almost prissy, such a proper little lady.



And I love this close up smile. I tried to take a few of Julia and Cheshire, but they did not come out very well. I have a week to improve on that.

No comments: