22 July 2010

It rained and stormed today, and when it was not raining, the humidity was building and clouds were threatening. The sun came out a few times and almost to the minute, the tornado sirens would let loose. The worst of the weather was just north of us -- we just got some wonderful soakings on a hot summer day.

We dashed in and our of the car through out the day -- no umbrellas for us today. Julia does not like getting wet, but she was game to run from the car to a doorway with me. When we came out of the noodle shop we had our very late breakfast in, it was drizzeling lightly.

She said:

Mommy, this is soft and gentle rain.
I like this rain.
But it still wets my face.

And she grinned.

I did not give her adderall, her stimulant, today, and my skinny girl ate like a horse! Thanks be! We went to the Vietnamese noodle shop for our first meal, and she inhale some friend shrimp and a big bowl of Pho Ga, chicken soup VN style. So good to see her eat. I am wondering about doing stimulant vacations every now and then so that she might put some meat on those long bones.

She is having trouble sleeping tonight -- too many storms.

No comments: