02 July 2010

Friday email update

This is my email update:

I am sorry that I am not writing as much as I did during the transplant, but I don't seem to be in one place long enough to open the laptop these days.

The good news is that David has cleared the infection. He will be on antibiotics for another week or so, and they are leaving the drain in his body until they take out the gall bladder, but his blood work and number are all looking very good. We are very thankful.

David remains pretty week although he managed to get to the bathroom today and walk down the hall (with a walker and two PTs). With Cheshire at home, there will be someone with him much more of the time which I think will help his healing as well. The docs are thinking of putting him in the UW rehab unit for a week or two to gain strength. They will be reassessing him on Tuesday to see if he qualifies. He may be in the hospital this time longer than he was for his transplant. As for the why of his condition right now, they are attributing it to the infection. They have checked out lots of other things that may be at the root of his weakness and none of them seem to be the cause.

David is also in a lot better spirits today, especially after he saw Cheshire. He is in pain -- some of which seems to be caused the the fall that he took on Saturday -- and the docs are now more interested in managing his pain.

We are not out of the woods yet, but the trees are not quite as close together.

(If there is anyone reading this who would like to be on the email update, let me know. I have some addresses bouncing back and honestly, I have not had the umph to fix the list, but I will if you ask.)

1 comment:

Traci said...

Suzanne, If you have the time (haha) then we would love to be added to your email updates so that we can pray over your needs as they come up. I would get those on my phone. If you don't get to it then don't worry about it, I will keep coming here, but if you get a chance. Love to all of you!

Traci & Scott
Smithon571@aol.com