22 August 2010

China Reunion 2010

I don't have as many pictures as I usually do for a reunion weekend, and I don't have the all important "red couch" pictures as my camera lost power just as the girls posed for that one. I am sure someone will send me copies of our most successful red couch pictures yet!

We had a good time, Julia and I, talking and playing. I love watching these girls interact. Some of them are as old as Julia was, or almost so, as when we brought Julia home.
Julia dressed herself and got ready for our journey on Friday morning. Note that pink fluffiy heals that Julia has on. She has been wearing these shoes all week, and she walks quite well in them. The plastic is slippery and she volunteered to changed on Saturday because the floor in the lodge were stone and slippery. but she loves clicking along in these shoes. It is fun to see her having this kind of fun.
I'm not going to post names of kids or parents. We did a lot of sitting around and talking.
Some of us learned new skills. This little photographer used mom's camera it was almost too heavy for her to hold up. So very cute!

We try to do some family pictures. I missed a few, but I'll pilfer from someone else's pictures. This was a sweet picture of the two of us.





Wall photos were pretty flowers behind were also popular.


Look at this squirmy worm! He is 3, all boy, and has the best laugh in the world!
And then this smile.
And this lovely blossom.

Every year, the person/couple who organizes the weekend comes in with a craft for the kids. And the kids get more and more willing to sit down and work. I wonder what we'll have them do when they are 14?
I love watching the kids interact. Every year these relationships are growing.
And look at this bossy little face.
Just before we left, we took red couch pictures. This was taken just before we got all the girls and boys together to take the group shots. I will have some soon, I'm sure.
Check out previous "red couch" pictures here.

No comments: