24 August 2010

One more post today. Can't seem to finish.

Julia went to the dentist today, and had her best check up ever. I was so proud of her.

Oh my, I don't mean that her teeth were the best ever. In fact, the oral hygienist who cleaned her teeth noted that it looked like Julia had been taking care of her own teeth for awhile which she has. What I am proud about was how Julia acted. She did tell her hygienist, Christy, that she was scared of being hurt. And did complain when she felt hurt, but she also very willingly opened her mouth and followed directions. She let Christy brush and re-brush her teeth, use those pointy picks to removes the "rocks" around her teeth, and paint on the fluoride treatment. Julia was just as cooperative when the dentist came in.

I am thrilled by this level of regulation. Oh, how I wish it would carry over to school.

Tonight, while we were watching a very interesting PBS show about winged dinosaurs (and lots of the winged dinos were found in China. Julia was very proud of this. Cute!), Julia's school friend, Peyton, called. I put Julia on the phone and they were able to exchange a few greetings and sentences. I took over when Peyton asked Julia to come over this weekend, and Julia was excited to here that she would go over to Peyton's house to play.

Maybe some of Julia's challenges are getting lighter??

No comments: