28 August 2010

Family Day!!

Four years ago today, Julia joined our family and we were forever changed into Julia's very own family.
If I remember correctly, this is Julia in the pool in our Nanchang hotel. It was her first time in a pool; she refused to put on a bathing suit or take off her necklaces. And this just was just hours after China has pronounced her ours!

The making of a Daddy's girl. This is my favorite picture of the whole trip. We were not always sure that Julia thought our family making was a good thing and we had plenty of challenging behavior along the way, but those arms outstretched and a glowing face only I know was there was so good for us to see.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I've never seen that picture before, Suzanne. How wonderful! White Swan, right? So very happy that Julia found her very own family and that it was such a great one!

Happy Four Years as a family!

I'm sorry that David couldn't stay longer. Really sorry.

Love you and Julia!

Suz said...

No, that picture, the one with Julia running to David was in Hong Kong where we were for two nights after the White Swan. It is a bit blurry so I don't know if I ever posted it before, but I love it, so I did.

Happy family day to you as well, and thanks for being part of our family.

love you,
Suzanne