23 August 2010

David and I would have been married for 30 years today. Would have been. But are not. Not now. Not ever. But almost. I wrote this last year:

"Today, we acknowledge but are doing nothing special for, our 29th wedding anniversary! David and I as so fortunate. I cannot put into words (not that that ever stops me writing) the joy and fulfillment of our love and companionship. Neither of us is perfect, but I cannot imagine a more perfect soul and body to travel through this reality. We have grown and changed so much since we met 35 years ago -- EEEgads, 35 years! I still want him to be the first person I see in the morning and the last person I see at night. I still call him everyday at work to see how he is doing. I still want to talk about everything with him even though he still rolls his eyes sometimes. I would have no objection to another 29 years together!"

I am so glad that I wrote that last year, when David could read it, when we could look forward and imagine another 29 years together. Today, I miss David, but there is some strength growing deep inside of me. The love that I celebrated last year nurtured and encouraged the spirit of this time. I can see this clearly and I am grateful.

Happy Anniversary my dear one.

5 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

Happy Anniversary. Somehow I think he's still holding you tight. Enjoy the day celebrating the beautiful relationship that you had.

Traci said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, I know David is holding you tight right now saying the same thing. That he is greatful to have shared 29 wonderful years with you. For always remember Suzanne, the happiness you shared today no matter how many years have passed. I remember your wedding day. You looked radiant. You not only are a wonderful wife but also a wonderful mother and sister. All my love. Carol

Unknown said...

Suzanne, you are so fortunate to have known such a love. I know you will hold it close in your heart, regardless of the ache, and treasure it for the rest of your living days. Not everyone has had a touchstone such as this to work from, even if the length of time was shortened by fate. You are blessed. I wish you the strength to carry it with you. God bless.

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary from me, too. I agree...I think he is still holding you tight and so close by...