16 August 2010

Julia and I have taken to waking up relatively early. Just this weekend, I have been turning on the tv for her and I doze until I am ready to open my eyes. I let her watch a bit more and I pick up the computer to write a bit. Not a great habit but very sweet for this last week of summer vacation.

Yesterday was hard because Julia and I went to the grand opening of our new kids museum. So many happy families. So many couples. Doesn't usually bother me, but I had no one to talk to, couldn't complain/vent to Julia. She had fun. It would have been better had I gone with some other adult and Julia. I will have to remember that.

The weather did cool off yesterday and we were able to turn off the air conditioner and sleep with the windows open. And with blankets! Pleasure! And I swear, a better night's sleep.

I dreamed of David last night. For the first time. He was very young, looking very much the way he did when I first met him. And I looked like I do now. It was rather depressing to try to get his attention. We were having dinner with a group of people and were seated next to each other. I could not get his attention at all. I wanted to touch his hand. I felt the separation keenly.

I am hoping to do a bit of school work this week. Some easy books and number work. I know that it will have to come with stickers and bribery. We haven't done any think vaguely school-like in weeks now. Cleaning up is about as close as we've come to anything routine.

Feeling rather dull this morning. Wanting what? Conversation. A snuggle and a kiss. An arm always ready to take me in. This is what I am missing this morning. Life is not what I have known.

No comments: