18 March 2010

Breathing easy

David came home last night . It was almost 7 by the time we walked out of the hospital -- David in a wheel chair -- carrying the stuff he accumulated in 15 days at the hospital. Where did all that stuff come from? He had two stuffed bags full of medications and accessories -- the last time we took so much out of a hospital was when Cheshire was born. Do hospitals still send more parents home with diapers, bottles, and formula, or was it just Manhattan in the mid 80's?

David reveled in sitting on his own couch and sleeping in his bed, although he did the climbing stairs a bit too much and is pretty stiff and achy this morning. He is sleeping now and my eyes are beginning to droop as I write. I am not exhausted but can probably use a few naps myself over the next few days.

Early this morning, Julia crawled into bed with us. She woke me, shaking my arm, "Mommy, David is sleeping in bed." She then quickly turned over and was out again. This morning when I left her in school, she was happily drawing smiling T-Rexes and calling me back to give me "just one more kiss." She was very wary of having David home, she did not run to hug or kiss him, but she was happy this morning.

3 comments:

Snickerdoodle said...

I'm soooooooooooo glad everyone is home, and that David is doing so well. I've been following his progress, and am so happy he's back where Julia needs him.

Happy Days!
Best,
Snick :)

Unknown said...

Welcome home, David!

Traci said...

So good to read these latest updates. He's home......such great news!